This Whatman 1.5cm, grade 1, cellulose filter paper is the most widely used filter paper for routine applications with medium retention (11µm) and flow rate.
DescriptionThese cellulose filters are used in qualitative analytical techniques to determine and identify materials and for clarifying liquids.
- Particle Retention: >11μm
- Porosity: medium
- Filtration speed: ASTM™, 40 sec.; Herzberg, 150 sec.
- Surface: smooth
- Separates precipitates such as lead sulfate, calcium oxalate (hot) and calcium carbonate
- Used for soil analysis and seed testing procedures in the agricultural industry
- Used to separate solid foodstuffs from associated liquid or extract liquid in the food industry
- Atmospheric dust is collected from airflow and the stain-intensity measured
- Impregnated with a chromogenic reagent and color formation quantified by optical reflectance for gas detection